Happy Holidays! The store will re-open Black Friday through December 1 for new custom builds on all models. December 2 until the end of the year we will be closed again to build orders AND some inventory to make leads times shorter. Although we might offer up some surprise builds in the meantime.
Please allow approximately THREE weeks from receipt of your amp to return shipment.
This is a direct drop-in replacement PCB for 22H or Custom 2.X ONLY. You send us your amp and we will retrofit it and return it to you with your new sound and a 2-year full warranty. These are not MODS to your existing amp. we are replacing the entire circuit board AND the loop.
Switchable options indicated will require us to drill your chassis to accommodate the switches. Please note your existing 22H PCB will stay with us for recycling into another amp. You pay shipping to get the amp to us, we pay shipping to return it to you.
- Installation +$50. The price of $222 is for us to send you the populated board, which can be installed by a qualified tech. It requires soldering 21 connecting wires. The $50 optional fee is for us to install the PCB in your amp here, under warranty.
- Designed by Epic Amplification, the new BROWN PCB fits into our 22H/Custom 2.X platform of chassis/cabinet and transformer set. The Brown sound is thick and heavy and dark with tons of gain. There are different versions of the origin story to this sound, and we believe our version evokes the original Jose mod which was later made widely available by F-man and other interpretations.
- 4 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 20 watts from 2x EL84 power tubes
- Hand-soldered, thick (black) PCB with through hole construction. High-quality components throughout
- Transparent pedal-friendly SS loop with internally adjustable level
Channel ONE: Hot-rodded Plexi
Bright switch option
Gain Boost option
Channel TWO: A faithful JOSE / F-man mod delivering the Brown Sound.
- Saturation switch - adds diode clipping
- Rear-mounted variable DEPTH control
Assembled in California from US-made and imported parts. Each amp is built one at a time and hand-serialized.
As always if you have something specific in mind or a question please email to email@example.com