20 watts from 2x EL84
Please allow approximately FOUR weeks from order to delivery. We build these amps one at a time.
Designed by Epic Amplification, the new BROWN PCB fits into our 22H/Custom 2.X platform of chassis/cabinet and transformer set. The Brown sound is thick and heavy and dark with tons of gain. There are different versions of the origin story to this sound, and we believe our version evokes the original Jose mod which was later made widely available by F-man and other interpretations.
- 4 12AX7 JJ preamp tubes. 22H has FIVE 12AX7 - upgrading to this PCB removes one tube which was used for the loop and is replaced with the SS loop below.
- 20 watts from 2x EL84 JJ matched power tubes
- Hand-soldered, thick (black) PCB with through hole construction. High-quality components throughout
- Transparent pedal-friendly SS loop with internally adjustable level
Channel ONE: Hot-rodded Plexi
Bright switch option
Gain Boost switch option
Channel TWO: A faithful JOSE / F-man mod delivering the Brown Sound.
The Harry Browne switch option brings more of the JOSE / F-man full gain. If you don't want the upgrade to the switch this can be hard-wired in either position
- Saturation switch - adds diode clipping +19
- Rear-mounted variable DEPTH control +$35
- Many tolex and front baffle options +$50. Make sure to choose NONE to keep your existing cabinet. If you choose BLACK we are re-covering.
- Knobs - choose any set of 8 +$8
- Upgrade your 5x 12AX7 at $75 for JJ, or $100 for EH or Sovtek
Assembled in Boise Idaho from US-made and imported parts. Each amp is built one at a time and hand-serialized.
As always if you have something specific in mind or a question please email to email@example.com